What is Pure Nutrition Vitamin C-500?
Pure Nutrition Vitamin C-500 is an easy-to-swallow tablet form of pure vitamin C (ascorbic acid). Each tablet provides 500 mg of vitamin C.
Vitamin C is an essential micronutrient that plays a major role in immune function and fighting off free radicals. Humans are not able to synthesize vitamin C endogenously as various animals can; therefore, it must be ingested regularly for optimal health and longevity.
Is one of the water-soluble vitamins and plays many roles in wellness, primarily by acting as an antioxidant. Consequently,is necessary for regulating oxidative stress, energy production, and immune function.Is also required for proper formation of neurotransmitters (especially dopamine and norepinephrine) and liver health.2 Recent research even suggests that supplemental vitamin C promotes healthy cortisol rhythms and cognitive function (i.e. learning and memory).
Benefits of Pure Nutrition Vitamin C-500
Is a key antioxidant in humans, with many roles throughout the brain and body. Benefits of supplementing with Pure Nutrition Vitamin C-500 may include:
- Anti-oxidant support and enhanced immune function
- May reduce the risk of contracting head colds
- Promote cognitive function and neuronal integrity
- Help increase collagen synthesis
- Support healthy cortisol balance
Is one of the essential micronutrients and acts primarily as an electron donor (reducing agent/antioxidant) within the body. Many of its biochemical and physiological functions appear to be governed by this property.
Research is ongoing as to the precise means by which is affects humans, especially within the central nervous system and immune system. Findings suggest that is imperative for supporting neuronal differentiation and maturation, as it has been shown to increase brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) – a peptide that contributes to cell survival and replication.
Also supports catecholamine synthesis by acting as a co-substrate for enzymes that help form dopamine and noradrenaline.Contrarily, studies suggest that deficiency of vitamin C increases the risk of depression, accelerates neurodegeneration, and suppresses cognitive function (by decreasing catecholamine production).
Moreover, research has shown that as little as 250 mg of vitamin C per day can support healthy cortisol levels, especially in active individuals.
Not only that, but research has also demonstrated that college students who consumed high doses of supplemental vitamin C reported 85% less flu and cold symptoms than those who took no vitamin C supplement. While vitamin C can’t “cure” an infection or guarantee you will never get sick, it is unequivocally beneficial for immune function.
Furthermore, vitamin C is needed for the body to synthesize collagen, a key component of connective tissues. When the body lacks vitamin C, the risk of a collagen-related disease called Scurvy increases; this condition can cause symptoms such as lethargy, anemia, and skin issues. Consuming adequate vitamin C, through diet and supplementation, can help protect against scurvy.
In conjunction with a balanced diet, take one tablet of Pure Nutrition Vitamin C-500 daily, preferably with a meal. Do not exceed two tablets per day. If you are pregnant, nursing, or taking medication, consult your healthcare practitioner before use.
- Figueroa-Méndez, R., & Rivas-Arancibia, S. (2015). Vitamin C in health and disease: its role in the metabolism of cells and redox state in the brain. Frontiers in physiology,
- Wei, J., Lei, G. H., Fu, L., Zeng, C., Yang, T., & Peng, S. F. (2016). Association between dietary vitamin C intake and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: a cross-sectional study among middle-aged and older adults. PloS one, 11(1), e0147985.
- Pearson, J. F., Pullar, J. M., Wilson, R., Spittlehouse, J. K., Vissers, M., Skidmore, P. M., … & Carr, A. C. (2017). Vitamin C status correlates with markers of metabolic and cognitive health in 50-year-olds: findings of the CHALICE cohort study. Nutrients.
|Serving Size||1 tablet|
|AMOUNT PER SERVING|
|Vitamin C ( as ascorbic acid )||500 mg|